USA 2024 Elections Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 20:10:08 PDT 2022

Watch: Biden's 'Election Denier' Spox Scrambles To Explain 2016 Tweet

Democrats are heading into midterms riding on their proud
accomplishments crying "burn the witch!" at Republicans who dare
commit the grave sin of challenging the results of the 2020 election -
an effort which has been months in the making.

And last week President Biden spent a considerable amount of time
calling "MAGA Republicans" a threat to democracy because they "don't
accept the results of free and fair elections."

    America respects free and fair elections. We honor the will of the people.

    We do not deny it.
    — President Biden (@POTUS) September 4, 2022

Poll workers in Detroit, MI cover windows during the counting of
absentee ballots cast in the 2020 US election

And of course, one can see why they're worried when people like
Arozona Gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake gives answers like this:

    This is one of the best answers to the media’s 2020 election
questions I’ve heard. pic.twitter.com/yYni3wwjhi
    — Realignment Politics (@politicsrea) September 2, 2022

Except, Democrats have denied the results of 'free and fair elections'
for decades - particularly in 2016.

    I guess Republicans and independents didn’t get the memo that only
Dems can question an election! 🤦‍♀️ Because here are Dems doing that
and nothing was said! 🙄 Why is there always a double standard in
Dems’ favor?🤔Doesn’t seem fair!🤔
    pic.twitter.com/aYH3lIUZ4E
    — PammsyHere (@PammsyB) September 5, 2022

And so on Tuesday, Biden White House spokeswoman Karine Jean-Pierre
was caught flat-footed when confronted with her own election-denying
tweets.

    Stolen emails, stolen drone, stolen election .....welcome to the
world of #unpresidented Trump https://t.co/NI7vqPV6cu
    — Karine Jean-Pierre (@K_JeanPierre) December 18, 2016

"In trying to understand the new attention on ‘MAGA Republicans,’ you
tweeted in 2016 Trump stole an election —" Fox News' Peter Doocy said,
to which Jean-Pierre replied: "I knew you were going to ask me that
question."

"Well, great, here we go," Doocy shot back. "You tweeted Trump stole
an election, you tweeted Brian Kemp stole an election. If denying
election results is extreme now, why wasn’t it then?"

And what was her excuse?

"Let’s be really clear that that comparison that you made is just
ridiculous," Jean-Pierre replied. "I was talking specifically at that
time of what was happening with voting rights and what was danger of
voting rights."

KJP: Brian Kemp stole the gubernatorial election from Georgians and
Stacey Abrams.

Watch:

    DOOCY: "You tweeted in 2016 that Trump stole an election."

    KJP: "I knew this was coming."

    DOOCY: "If denying election results is extreme now, why wasn't it then?"

    KJP: "That comparison that you made is just ridiculous."
pic.twitter.com/EJyoykV1Ta
    — Townhall.com (@townhallcom) September 6, 2022

So it's extreme when Republicans deny elections.