[ot][spam][crazy] git-remote-bsv

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat May 14 11:49:07 PDT 2022

Disabling garbage collection can really simplify the space of syncing
an object store somewhere, when you're very confused.

So, if making an adhoc git remote for arweave, it would be good to
disable garbage collection in a shadow repository :) That can be hard
for me to think of.

Ideally, I'd review git-remote-bsv for other things, that are good to think of.

A lot of people make git remotes using custom protocols. This is
indeed snazzy, but it means that you need the custom git remote to
access the repository. If you use a normal file tree, then other
people can download the file tree using third party tools. If there's
a web mirror, they can sink the repository with the plain old client
using the dumb http protocol. I like that.