[ot][spam][crazy] git-remote-bsv

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat May 14 11:46:36 PDT 2022

The nice thing about git-remote-bsv's norm of using a shadow
repository, is that I worked out a bunch of funny glitches one could
run into, and did things to address them.

This would be easy for a normal coder, but things can change.

For example, it's pretty confusing to me to sort out garbage
collection and object packing.

In git-remote-bsv, it automatically disables garbage collection on the
shadow repository, retains identical pack files, and ensures new
changes are consolidated into a single new packfile. This is all done
with normal git shell commands.