Catalonia as a haven for cryptocurrency.

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon May 9 03:56:12 PDT 2022

> https://twitter.com/OCCRP/status/1523409485364039682

I expect there is an error or two somewhere in the information we present
here.

The link says Russia is offering ten thousand troops to Catalonia.
Catalonia is a nation controlled by Spain that I've heard desires
independence.

Stimulating rebel groups is a normal tactic in international warfare. I
imagine this is strongly appreciated if the rebel groups are given real
independence and empowerment and supported in having good diplomatic
relations with their neighbors (rather than turning into unending war, that
might be taken advantage of by commercial interests). I don't imagine real
independence is thought of as helping the purposes of powerful supporting
nations very strongly, but I believe it could.

I used to use a cryptocurrency trading bot that contained messaging
foremost for Catalonia and other more normal rebellion imagery that
left-wing folk in my region have supported.

The trading bot was forked from an open source trading bot that went
defunct. It gave thanks to the author of the defunct bot.

In the fork, the api interfaces were made closed source, and the source
repeatedly mutated, making back- and forward- porting of changes difficult.
Use of the closed source backend requires payment.

This is somewhat reasonable, because api interfaces are rote for anyone to
implement.

The author seems very friendly. The code is messy, possibly indicative of
struggle, and the algorithms not complex last I looked, but quite varied.

The project has a norm of rejecting backtesting additions for testing
algorithms without trying them. This policy moves wealth and power into the
hands of others than the users of the software. It's quite strange.

It's also strange that the software has so many memes of community freedom,
but has a closed source backend and rejects a class of changes without
explanation.

I support the indepence of communities, and expect I would support the
independence of Catalonia.

I do not support the takeover of the world with information warfare, of
course.