One of the projects I have been working on.

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 02:38:36 PDT 2022

>>   though some are borderline insane, and some have gone well beyond
>> that...
>
> Who are those people Mr. '...', or are you
> too coward to speak that, to debate what exactly
> is some really insane things in this world?

i've gone beyond insane; punk, rat, zeynep, and you, appear somewhat
borderline. personal opinions.

>>> I think most of the people on this list are currently against bitcoin.
>
> Not private, not fungible, not a p2p electronic cash system.
> It doesn't meet some of cypherpunk qualifications, which may be
> why Satoshi worked it on Metzger's list full of statists. Even
> His Highness Wright says Bitcoin is friends with the State.

meh

>> it wastefully
>> turns a whole lot of energy and other resources into nothing useful
>
> Same with this argument. Debunked, thoroughly, repeatedly, by many.

improvements not integrated into core after many years. no biggie.
of course, doing so would make it a real p2p electronic cash system
again, as most altcoins have done.

>> no mechanism to refund fraud or error
>
> Sounds like a personal problem, so get off non-repudiables
> and go use any of the 1000's of GovCorp babysitter coins,
> including the apparently still beloved Fiat.

see: security by obscurity. nobody cares about nor wants
refundability, and everybody here knows it already.

>> no longer seen as a thing to be admired?
>
> Bitcoin's protocol is baked, any admiration is a historical
> remembrance now, in time new protocols have more potential
> to usurp the front position.

bitcoin's protocol is actually continually improving in a
very-influenced decision making process that is likely kept open to
any interested. seems more productive to strengthen something better
to most.

>> agenda
>> a better purpose.
>
> Hardly better purpose than develop a p2p cash that
> works and is not subject to the State. BTC is not those,
> yet there are probably some potential candidates out there.

not technically a cypherpunk view unless you are a blockchain dev; p2p
cash works already.

>> Though I do wish I had bought some bitcoins early on ...
>
> If Bitcoin-BTC survives in top-5 it will likely hit at least
> 4x somewhere before it's 25th birthday. It's main
> challenger is it's own deprecation. Buy it, or not.

what grarpamp is saying here is that it is 'fucking' not too late.
everybody reads news about cryptocurrency exploision being in the
past, early investors being lucky: cryptocurrency is _still ongoing_.
don't trust news that disses peer to peer community solutions.

one thing to do is to buy or "mine" from all the new altcoins that
have merit. some of them skyrocket, for example after being introduced
to a new exchange, which is likely preceded by discussion. dump after
a spike, repeat. check past charts to see what order of magnitude and
frequency of profit to expect.