[spam][draft] Why Write Code?

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 07:42:31 PDT 2022

On 6/4/22, Izaac <izaac at setec.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 04, 2022 at 10:09:48AM -0400, Karl Semich wrote:
>> I've observed people new to software development don't really
>> understand that a computer can do absolutely anything.
>
> Why, it's almost like they're stuck in some kind of FRAMEWORK and aren't
> actually developing software at all.

Nice insight. I don't really know what people are using, it kind of
looks like a few big things are making big impacts. I've been spending
some time in a community where everybody is using reactjs, although I
know under the hood react has way more flexibility than I usually see
demonstrated in most products today.

I always get surprised when I tell people my skill is compute
programming, and they tell me they've done that too, and describe
following the instructions in a product configuration manual to
program e.g. their TV/