USA 2020 Elections: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 00:34:44 PDT 2022

Democrats love their Govt Indoctrination Camps
otherwise known as public schools... their strategy,
get children roped into their mind control programming
as young as possible...

https://nypost.com/2022/07/03/de-blasio-defends-pre-k-program-after-adams-calls-it-pet-project/

De Blasio defends universal pre-K after Adams called it ‘pet project’
By
Sam Raskin
July 3, 2022 4:36pm
Updated
Former NYC mayor Bill de Blasio speaks about Pre-K for all in
2018.	Former New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said his universal
pre-Kindergarten program was one of several "profound" accomplishments
from his time in City Hall. Paul Martinka
More On: bill de blasio

    Mayor Eric Adams is even more anti-‘gentrification’ than Bill de Blasio
    ‘Toxic’ avenger: Doc says Cuomo, de Blasio feud made COVID hard on NY
    Now you know how bad it is Mr. Mayor — time to fix it
    Judge throws out NYC law allowing non-citizens to vote in local elections

Former New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio pushed back after Eric Adams
labeled universal pre-Kindergarten a “pet project” — declaring that
the program is one of several “profound” accomplishments from his time
in City Hall.

The congressional contender was asked on WABI’s “City Watch” about
Adams’ comments to The Post ripping ex-mayors for focusing on a single
“pet project,” ticking off a list that included “pre-K” in an obvious
dig at his immediate predecessor.

De Blasio, who often touts the initiative as a centerpiece of his
tenure, claimed he wasn’t familiar with the mayor’s remarks before
rattling off several accomplishments in his “very progressive agenda.”

“Well, I didn’t hear anything specific, but I’ll tell you, it’s pre-K
and 3k. And in September, 3k is going to be universal and free for
every student in New York City in perpetuity,” he told host David
Brand, a reporter at City Limits, in an interview aired Sunday.

“Look, I presented a very progressive agenda in 2013,” the former
mayor continued. “I said we’re gonna do transformative things to help
working people and to fight income inequality.

“We added two additional grades to public education for free. I don’t
know what’s more profound than that, so I’ll talk about it all day
long.”
NYC Mayor Eric Adams visits Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.Mayor
Eric Adams said de Blasio focused on universal Pre-K as a “pet
project.”Robert Miller

De Blasio listed offering municipal ID cards for all New Yorkers
regardless of immigration status; appointing members to the Rent
Guidelines Board who enacted tenant-friendly increases; AOC-branded
eco-friendly measures; and his street safety program aimed at reducing
road deaths as his other achievements during his eight years in
office.

“There’s lots of other things, though. I’m proud of the Green New Deal
work we did. I’m proud of ID NYC, I’m proud of Vision Zero. I’m proud
of a lot of things,” he said.

In a recent exclusive interview with The Post conducted as the mayor
rode the subway overnight, Adams said his priority is to “fix this
mess,” rather than seeing through handful or policy proposals to
establish a “legacy,” a strategy he lamented previous occupants of
Gracie Mansion employed.
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi
(D-CA) and Rep. Nydia Velazquez (D-NY) visit and read books to a Pre-K
class inside P.S. 123 Suydam located at 100 Irving Avenue on April 6,
2016 in the Brooklyn borough of New York City. De Blasio said the
universal kindergarten program was part of a “very progressive agenda”
he presented in 2013.Anthony DelMundo-Pool/Getty Images

The clear shot at the mayor-turned House hopeful came after de Blasio
— who has often touted his close relationship with, and support for,
his successor — slightly changed his tune after announcing his bid for
the open seat in May.

In mid-June, de Blasio joined protesters at a Brooklyn school who
opposed City Hall’s decision to shrink public school budgets by $215
million.
Keep up with today's most important news

Stay up on the very latest with Evening Update.

De Blasio told HuffPost in a Q&A published June 23 that he “would like
to see” Adams focus on “progressive ideas that were his roots.”

“Right now, we have very little to go on, but I think he’s got to
speak more to that,” he told reporter Daniel Marans. “I want to hear
him express that progressive vision, that pro-worker vision.”

Adams isn’t the only Democratic executive de Blasio has gently
critiqued of late.

During the radio appearance, de Blasio pointed to what he feels is
missing from President Biden’s proposals, as he pledged to help form a
sweeping “urban agenda” if elected to represent parts of Brooklyn and
Lower Manhattan in Congress.

“But you know what’s interesting is [in] New York City, at least we
had an agenda for fundamental change,” he said, pivoting away from the
Adams-related question. “The country doesn’t. There’s no agenda in
Washington particularly related to cities. There is literally not an
urban agenda.”

“Our national government, even the Biden administration, doesn’t have
an urban agenda, de Blasio said in the interview, which was conducted
Wednesday.

“One of the things I want to fight for is a thoroughgoing agenda that
is about affordable housing, access to health care, profound changes
we have to make in the way we get around, and how we protect climate,
all of which are needed if our cities are going to be sustainable” the
former mayor went on. “I want to be that voice in Washington.”
Filed under

    bill de blasio
    education
    eric adams