Global Trucker Convoys - Freedom Is Happening

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 07:47:18 PST 2022

GoFundMe are professional thieves, chargeback and boycott them.

The Internet demands a new crypto based decentralized
uncensorable crowfunding platform.

GoFundMe Seizes Millions In Trucker Protest Donations, Will Give It To
Charities Instead

https://twitter.com/ezralevant/status/1489744172202569731
https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1489757351947165697
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1489794991308345345
https://twitter.com/JayJi89978196/status/1489877689410461700
https://twitter.com/Crystal1971/status/1489892011171852288
https://twitter.com/ErrolWebber/status/1489877577825079297
https://twitter.com/Paoloaruggeri/status/1489889794725457927
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1487842692704862214

After the radical leftists in San Francisco who operate GoFundMe
seized millions of dollars from the Canadian "Freedom Convoy" and
vowed to refund donations to donors (upon request) or disburse the
funds to "credible charities" (like Black Lives Matter, Greenpeace,
and Planned Parenthood Matter), the internet went absolutely mental
Friday night about the crowd-sourcing platform's decision.

Rebel News' Ezra Levant equated GoFundMe's decision as "stealing the
money." He said the crowd-sourcing platform should have "automatically
refunded its donors."

Hours later, around 0200 ET Saturday, GoFundMe released another
statement that said, "due to donor feedback, we are simplifying the
process and automatically refunding donations."

The audacity that leftists at GoFundMe thought they could redistribute
the money elsewhere is shocking. It is a wake-up call for
freedom-loving people who band together to take their funding
operations elsewhere (ever hear of BCH, BTC, or ETH?). GoFundMe's poor
judgment to only now automatically refund donors has shown their true
liberal colors (this blunder has sparked a trust issue with the
platform).

All donors received this emailed statement early Saturday morning:

    We are automatically refunding your Freedom Convoy 2022 donation.

    GoFundMe supports peaceful protests and we believe that was the
intention of the Freedom Convoy 2022 fundraiser when it was first
created. However, as a result of multiple discussions with local law
enforcement and police reports of violence and other unlawful
activity, the Freedom Convoy fundraiser has been removed from the
GoFundMe platform.

    The update we issued earlier enabled all donors to get a refund
and outlined a plan to distribute remaining funds to verified
charities selected by the Freedom Convoy organizers. However, due to
donor feedback, we are simplifying the process for you. We will
automatically refund your contributions directly - you do not need to
submit a request. You can expect to see your refund within 7-10
business days.

GoFundMe also tweeted part of the statement. The tweet was immediately
'ratioed,' which means replies outnumbered retweets and likes,
indicating the tweet was very unpopular.

The world's richest person, Elon Musk, and a supporter of the truckers
tweeted a meme comparing the amateur thieves robbing railcars in Los
Angeles to "professional thieves" at GoFundMe. The tweet went out to
72 million of his followers.

    It’s not my money pic.twitter.com/IKRxhGo8wS
    — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 5, 2022

Here's what others are saying:

    Everyone who donated should do this..it costs GoFundme $15 per
chargeback. ...Chargebacks occur when a donor contacts their card
issuer to dispute the donation they made on GoFundMe This returns the
money to the donor.
    — Jay Ji (@JayJi89978196) February 5, 2022

    Thank you for doing the right thing, by returning the money. But I
am afraid to tell you, that you are the reason why these mandates are
going on. When you know something is wrong with what the government is
doing, and bow down to them. Wow, thank you for showing us who you
are.
    — Crystal Daly (@Crystal1971) February 5, 2022

    Hope you learned your lesson.

    And I'm glad you showed yourselves for the raging commies that you
are. Allowing Antifa groups to fundraise on your platform, funding the
CHAZ/CHOP occupiers, but suddenly, people rallying for their freedoms
is too much for your twisted virtues.
    — Errol Webber (@ErrolWebber) February 5, 2022

    I will never use gofundme again and/or support a campaign posted
on your website. Mine is a small loss for you. But the TRUST you broke
will have devastating effect for your company
    — Paolo (@Paoloaruggeri) February 5, 2022

The damage is already done. It's only a matter of time before an
alternative crowd-sourcing platform is discovered and or created.