Ex- Tor devs

lolwut lolwut9001 at cock.li
Thu Feb 3 19:38:24 PST 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: cypherpunks [mailto:cypherpunks-bounces at lists.cpunks.org] On Behalf Of Shawn K. Quinn
Sent: Thursday, 03 February 2022 10:20 PM
To: cypherpunks at lists.cpunks.org
Subject: Re: Ex- Tor devs

>On 2/3/22 21:16, lolwut wrote:

>> No, you're wrong here; I wouldn't care, for I can employ filtering or
>> simply skip past the spam. Merely making certain posts harder to find
>> and read is nowhere near the same as preventing the posts from even
>> being sent in the first place. Do not censor the source, but instead
>> let each recipient decide which messages he wishes to see on his
>> end.

>Okay, 100,000 messages per day, and 99,995 of them are "Enlarge your
>penis with these Nicaraguan pharmacy pills". What's the point of
>continuing to download thousands of crap messages just to maybe get the
>few worth reading?

Yet how simple would it be to filter all this?

>You see how it's censorship to flood a list with off-topic crap now?

>If not, imagine the mailing list host turning off the list because
there's simply too much spam.

Maybe in extreme edge cases like this, but even then I cannot ever see how any reasonable person could think to get law enforcement involved, as you had earlier indicated; again, it is blowing something far out of proportion, and crying to the government for help rather than seeking other solutions.