Crypto "pig butchering" scam

David Barrett dbarrett at expensify.com
Tue Feb 1 09:43:22 PST 2022

To verify, which part is bullshit? Are you saying the scam isn't happening?
Or are you saying that she's stupid for falling for it?

Whether or not she's stupid (and I think that's a pretty heartless position
but whatever), I think it's interesting that the scam is happening on such
a widespread scale. I know I've personally been hit up by a ton of
suspiciously attractive casual crypto investors randomly on whatsapp,
dating apps, or just randomly texting me, that all that fit this exact
pattern. It's obvious to me that some sort of scam is going on, but I never
took it far enough to figure out what. I think it's pretty interesting to
see where that road would have led.

David