[spam][wrong][crazy] programmer controlled, cleaning up

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:33:44 PDT 2022

after I make something work I like to close up the parts

I made a patch to my flasher source, to add a command to the debugging
console to test the pins

it's not the be all and end all, but it helps so much when the programmer
is miswired to probe all the pins, it makes sense to try to contribute it

I also made a patch to serialice, to run on my board

both of these were made on an olimex teres I have from which the wifi radio
chip has been severed .

right now this system is trying to install debian x86_64 in qemu (the
machine is aarch64), but it keeps running into issues. it's very very slow,
a small hobbyist sbc running this cross-architecture vm.

I did something funny: I detached a cdrom drive from my raspberry pi and
attached it to this system, to make it easy to install debian. I try not to
move devices between networked and non-networked machines so as to relearn
some facsimile of secure habits. when I do do this, I experience increased
problems with the non-networked machines, although there is a big chance
that I cause these myself.

having done that is likely part of my confusion around moving the flasher
patch off the system.

so, I guess i'll go ahead and just move the drive over. without burning
anything. it'll make the setup more familiar to me, and help me understand
what i'm doing. alternatively I could bite the bullet and try to burn it
right now ..... i'll do that!