[ot][spam][crazy] The Trials of Controlling a Programmer

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 23:10:06 PDT 2022

flasher works again :D

Debugging it was greatly helped by having labeled my pin wires.

I was looking into the firmware and discovered it had a debugging mode that
opened an interactive terminal.

I added a command to the terminal source to send test values on the various
pins, outputting text describing where each logic level should end up.

I found one of my wires was miswired and mislabeled in a hard-to-notice
way. Maybe I rewired it wrongly after it fell out or something. I tested
and verified each voltage level, ignoring logic flow.

Annnd now it works!

Now to clean things up and use it again.
Topic _seems_ resolved. Ideally I contribute code successfully to coreboot,
a larger goal.

In the meantime, I found a local makerspace and started a radio tool.