[ot][spam][crazy] Subdecision: Kool-Aid Peace Tech was Re: Decision Making

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 01:37:04 PDT 2022

hi dal

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022, 11:11 PM <dal at riseup.net> wrote:

> Hi Karl,
>
> You mentioned on the list something about prioritizing EEG testing. You

yayay EEG :)

envision because maybe to monitor phone EEG requires certain types of

i'm on the fence about phones for doing this. dangerous devices but they're
common and tend to have pre-existing software. big opportunity for data
corruption with so much going on in a phone. but they can also access a
blockchain.

EEG measuring gadgets. I think it's something people in the world would
> care about, nobody really wants shooting

oh let's do it

wars except when they're really
> angry and lashing out and can't think of how

not sure what you're referring to

> calm down safely and sufficiently to cease lashing out, anger, etc.
>
> There's that famous John Lennon song "Imagine" about "Imagine all the
> people living life in peace" and I think hippies usually don't hear the
> "ALL the people" part which is what probably strikes the ears of

I don't know why anybody would think soldiers aren't included. Hippies
really do mean ALL the people. Really, even soldiers.

I thought the anger was because soldiers perceived the hippies as if they
wanted to not defend people who are in danger. This can be an easy
miscommunication as hippies are rarely aware of any reasons for war.

soldiers. I would like to learn what cypherpunks list people sincerely
> hear in that sentence line of Lennon's, like which phrases are most
> salient for them?

When I hear you speak of spreading, reason-oriented calm, I feel calm.

I had a funny experience getting on a bus a while back. I was polite
> getting on and paid the fare in old-fashioned currency. I sat up front

and became a good Kool-Aid drinker of the bus-driver's little
> many-wheeled fiefdom. Then someone

"This bus is my kingdom! An extension of my body. Be one as my parts."
Everybody needs a small kingdom, I suppose.

attempted to board the vehicle as it
> was just past time for departure. This messed-up guy didn't have enough
> money and seemed a bit out of sorts. The bus-driver chewed him out.

"I'm trying to make the traffic jam disperse and lengthen the schedule so
you can get to the next stop on time, but all I can hear is this couple
fighting and it's so bumpy back here!"

Normally I would have rooted for the messed-up guy, this disabled and
> poor person, but because I had paid and

boarded successfully, I felt a
> little full of myself, which made a Kool-Aid drinker of this
> bus-driver's many-wheeled fiefdom. Things like this happen to all of us.

This strange experience that of two people struggling in very different
ways, one could be more right than another.

Kool-Aid.

[of course the disabled person is more in need, it's the political
influence affecting our feelings and habits]

So then I reminded myself of things I was grateful for and enjoyed the

This is nice :)

view of the ride. I hope we can all do these things, all of us
> Earthlings, so that all those words of Lennon's come true, not just the
> parts some political factions prefer over others.

we need our religions (in moderation), but it's clear that lennon meant
absolutely no harm, he just had his zeitgeist. i'm sure soldiers might
claim that we need our war, and also couch it with moderation.

I really would like the list's sincere thoughts on this. So often, it's
> just people being angry and smug and sarcastic and attacking at each
> other. And I'm not sure that's really helping the world. Maybe it does
> in the short-run here or there but not so much in the long run.

do you mean to include eeg?

I love your idea of keeping peace through kool-aid. Combined with EEG. This
idea seems quite helpful.

I use a muse headband, very comfortable for long use, very few eeg
channels, unencrypted, uses an ascii serial control protocol and bluetooth.
It has a meditation app which I've disassembled once for protocol details
but never used.

The meditation app helps one experience calm I infer.