Freedom of Speech: Islam Goes Apeshit over Charlie Hebdo Muhammad Cartoons Repub, Quran Eating, and Successful Critical Analysis

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 01:57:29 PST 2021

Lying is a written element of Islam, as is murder, etc.

Liverpool Bomber Exploited UK's "Dysfunctional" Asylum System: Home Secretary

https://www.theepochtimes.com/liverpool-bomber-exploited-uks-dysfunctional-asylum-system-home-secretary_4109131.html

The terror suspect who died in the Remembrance Sunday bomb blast in
Liverpool had been able to stay in the UK by exploiting the country’s
“dysfunctional” immigration system, Home Secretary Priti Patel has
said.

Emad Al Swealmeen, 32, died in the blast in a taxi outside Liverpool
Women’s Hospital shortly before 11 a.m. on Remembrance Sunday. The
incident has been declared a terrorist attack and the UK terror threat
level has since been raised from substantial to severe, meaning an
attack is “highly likely” rather than “likely.”

Assistant Chief Constable Russ Jackson said on Wednesday that Al
Swealmeen, who was born in Iraq, had rented a property in Liverpool
seven months ago and had started making “relevant purchases” for his
homemade bomb “at least” since that time.

Al Swealmeen reportedly arrived in the UK in 2014 and had an
application for asylum rejected the following year, but had remained
in the country.

Patel, who is currently on a three-day visit to Washington, D.C., said
the UK’s asylum system was a “complete merry-go-round” with a “whole
industry” devoted to defending the rights of individuals intent on
causing harm.

    “The case in Liverpool was a complete reflection of how
dysfunctional, how broken, the system has been in the past, and why I
want to bring changes forward,” she told reporters on her flight to
the U.S. capital.

    “It’s a complete merry-go-round and it has been exploited. A whole
sort of professional legal services industry has based itself on
rights of appeal, going to the courts day-in day-out at the expense of
the taxpayers through legal aid. That is effectively what we need to
change.”

She added:

    “These people have come to our country and abused British values,
abused the values of the fabric of our country and our society. And as
a result of that, there’s a whole industry that thinks it’s right to
defend these individuals that cause the most appalling crimes against
British citizens, devastating their lives, blighting communities—and
that is completely wrong.”

Al Swealmeen has been referred to as a “Christian convert” in some UK
media reports, as he was baptised at Liverpool Cathedral in 2015 and
confirmed in 2017.

Now concerns have been raised that some asylum seekers may have
pretended to convert to Christianity in order to bolster their cases
for refugee status.

A spokesman for Liverpool Cathedral said the church had “has developed
robust processes for discerning whether someone might be expressing a
genuine commitment to faith.”

“These include requirements for regular attendance alongside taking
part in a recognised Christian basics course. We would expect someone
to be closely connected with the community for at least two years
before we would consider supporting an application,” said the
spokesman.