[wrong] [ot] crazy journal

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun May 30 12:29:21 PDT 2021

I don't remember whether it is likely to work to consider the probability
of each population being correct given the content of each individual bin.
I think i've tried this a couple times, but I'm not sure my work was
sound.  I'm trying to understand the theory of it.

Is it reasonable to count the number of ways a bin could be sampled from
each population, and divide?  If this is reasonable, it may give the most
accurate answer.  It may even be easy to do.  If it involves factorial,
most of them may cancel when placed in ratio, or there may be a
distribution that gives good results when the sample count is large.