Remailers

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 11:46:59 PDT 2021

> Mechanisms for linking together multiple lists, whether or not they are
> all using Mailman, are fairly well understood.

Well, I don't know them =)  I looked into mailman and found it reviews the
existing List-Post header (which I learned is a normalisation upgrade from
X-Loop and x-BeenThere) to prevent mail loops, so I'm considering that one
could simply subscribe the lists to each other and mirroring would run fine.

In the case of Cypherpunks, the CDR description you found worked pretty
> well, as I recall (as a subscriber, not a list administrator at that time).
>
> If you are keen to restart remailers for Cypherpunks, probably you'll need
> to give thought to who, what, where, why? ("How" is important, but not that
> hard.)

Seems these are important things to do even when you're not sure of the
reason.

I'm guessing the missing bit would be to automatically subscribe to a peer
list during setup, so people can configure them swiftly.

It would be nice to have signed digests of preceding list mails in a header
somewhere to make it clear when mail is dropped by a connection issue.  It
would also be nice to have permanent storage of archives.  With more people
running servers more people can possibly implement such things.

Similarly with variety of location, other technologies, etc.