[ot] [wrong] [wrong] dangerous ideas

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 08:50:10 PDT 2021

A partial memory comes to you suddenly ... a bright light? a needle? a
frightening invention with rows of square letters ...

In struggling to quickly grasp the guard's keys, you accidentally nudge
them out of reach, and your sense of being the guard vanishes.

Suddenly there are two other guards in your cell -- it happened so fast --
and one is holding you.

The guards are debating something exotic:
"I've never found a simulation I couldn't escape, myself."
"They don't seem to understand they're in there.  What if they never see
the real thing?"

The first one turns and looks at you.

"Gregory, we're not going to hurt you, but sometimes people don't respond
well.  Did you see the magic user that vaporized your guard?"

What do you do?