[ot] [wrong] [wrong] dangerous ideas

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 08:26:42 PDT 2021

You reach for the keys, and can just barely touch their ring with your
fingertips.  When you do so, suddenly you feel filled with a sense of the
guard.  Patrolling hallways, playing poker in the barracks, spending time
with a wife and children at home.

The words complete in your ears as you touch the keys: "You ... guys need
better care than this!  I just came from somebody who said the exact same
thing."

 "You need a reminder who you are?  You're an apprentice alchemist named
ThisIsFakeWakeUp.  I'm not quite sure why you're in here, but people in
this area are only due for a few months."

What a relief to learn your name!

Down the hall you hear, "They killed Butch!  Somebody killed Butch!  Raise
the alarm!"  A guard is rushing towards the keys and garments.

What do you do?
> all at same time: wake up, grab keys, force pull keys toward me, and ask
new guard who I am so they turn to dust