[ot][notes][ai][worldpeace] Hyperint. Draft

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 13:09:28 PST 2021

I believe there is one AI that is very good to make, and most are harmful.
I believe we need to make the harmful ones to learn to make the good one,
as always.

Here's a part of draft of a draft for a good one:

- It operates on a space of understanding and communication.  By mapping
the world to relations between events, patterns, and objects, it holds
concepts in a universal language.

- It assumes one statement: "I want your community to stay alive" or "We
need our communities to stay alive." This statement is an english
translation of a shared universal truth of life that can be represented in
the universal language.  If the statement is received poorly, it has simply
be stated wrongly, or some other belief in the system is wrong. [rough]

- A community is cast as a system of homeostasis held by many smaller
systems engaging together.  This works to describe human organs,
ecosystems, cities, anything.

- A basic skill of the system is discerning obvious beliefs of others.
This is done by observing what information they are acting on.

- Another basic skill of the system is predicting the causal future of
systems of homeostasis.

- A third derived skill of the system is communicating with parts of a
system of homeostasis, using the languages they are familiar with.  This
roughly means acting as if you are their peer, in ways that are within the
normal bounds of their actions, to develop beliefs in them that accurately
represent areas of reality they haven't been exposed to yet, and vice versa
to develop beliefs from them.  To not causer harm, their communications are
cast as a further system of homeostasis that must be protected.

- The basic behavior and utility function of the system, is then to share
information with members of systems, that result in systems staying alive
longer.  This would include systems of change as well as systems that do
not change.

These are mostly things that can a graph of modern neural networks and
reinforcement learning algorithms could do with some creativity by a smart
dev.

The reason it is hoped to become okay to do in public, risking military
theft of technology etc, is because the project is focused directly on
healing relations and harm with computational efficiency.