Persecuted journalist deserves solidarity and support

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Thu Dec 16 17:33:04 PST 2021

'The Taliban say they'll kill me if they find me': a female reporter still on the run speaks out. And in related news . . .

David Leigh and Luke Harding's history of WikiLeaks describes how journalists took Assange to Moro's, a classy Spanish restaurant in central London. A reporter worried that Assange would risk killing Afghans who had co-operated with American forces if he put US secrets online without taking the basic precaution of removing their names. "Well, they're informants," Assange replied. "So, if they get killed, they've got it coming to them. They deserve it."