[ot][spam][random] story, borg recovery

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 15:37:48 PDT 2021

36536q stared at these people claiming to be "family."

 "I don't? remember ... you ... no!  I mean I don't?  don't?  don't?"

 36536q started jerking spasmodically.

"You remember us ...!  You're trying to say you remember us ... !  I know
it!"

 36536q squirted a tear out of their eye and then suddenly froze, then
started yelling, then stopped.  The "family" had pulled back.

36536q looked at them wide-eyed.

"I remember remembering you!  I used to remember you!"

36536q's face was contorted and drawn.

"You remember us!  We're your family, Quentin!"

"I don't want to kill you!"

"Of course you don't!"

36536q suddenly got a dull look, and then sagged, limp.