[ot][spam][random] story, borg recovery

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 15:27:16 PDT 2021

"BRAAAAAINS.  YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED."

Drone 37912b stared at the bionanite tube.

"YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED, BIONANITE TUBE.  YOU WILL SHAMBLE YOUR COMMUNITY
AS A ROTTING, BRAINLESS CORPSE, ASSIMILATING THE BODIES OF OTHERS."

The bionanite tube wasn't presently dispensing nutrients, but it was
37912b's primary source of sustenance, along with his four hundred sibling
drones.  Harming this tube was something that 37912b was completely
incapable of thinking, let alone doing, and it was already very, very
assimilated.

It had probably been recently repaired using some of 37912b's very own
personal biomatter.

"BRAAAAAAAINS."

 A horrifying figure lurched into the pod, walking as if it had been
disconnected from its hive's gait parameters for decades, its balance
sensors long disconnected.

"And how are you doing today, bobby?  I'm looking forward to being
assimilated!" [if u want, change name.  It can be funny to overlap with
other story, but it is probably over the top.]

37912b looked up at the fleshbag.

"I am 37912b of the Zombie Cyborg Rennaisance.  Bobby will be assimilated."

37912b could smell a delicious whiff of neocortex wafting from the lurching
figure, and tried to release a cloud of nanites.

"37912b to 3791xx, I am insufficient on nanites to resupply from
environment.  Please resupply."

The lurching figure faded away briefly.

"Bobby, this is 37912c Catherine.  Nanite resupply."