Assange's Case

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 00:24:44 PDT 2021

 On Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 10:01:33 PM PDT, professor rat <pro2rat at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
 >In September 1991, Assange was discovered hacking into the Melbourne master terminal of Nortel, a Canadian multinational telecommunications corporation.[32] The Australian Federal Police tapped Assange's phone line (he was using a modem), raided his home at the end of October[45] and eventually charged him in 1994 with 31 counts of hacking and related crimes.[32] In December 1996, he pleaded guilty to 24 charges ..."

Wikipedia.

>The longstanding US allegation against this self-described journalist is that he attempted ( with Bradass ) to break into a US based computer server.

>US Jurisdiction doesn't appear to be a critical issue for someone who has previously admitted breaking and entering computers in the US and where a prima facie case may exist. Such as the Bradass case.

>Moving on the statute of limitations - the Mange ran out the clock on allegations of rape and sexual-assault.  And it may well be the clock has run out on the Bradass affair.
However...
There are further allegations re CIA leaks ' Vault Seven ' material.
The fact Camp Wikileaks are being so dodgy about this makes their self-described journalist Fuhrer-figure looks guilty...again.

>To sum up - a case against Assmange has been made that all cypherpunks that don't want journalists rummaging through their computers might support.

>As for cypherpunks that don't know Assmange is a totally discredited fascist propagandist by now. Well they must be too stupid to be activists, let alone anarchists.
-----
I want to ensure that the US Federal Government is NOT publicly seen as 'winning' a case against Assange...or any other 'enemy' of theirs.  That's because their will be other leakers, and other journalists, who will eventually make their own decisions about what to do based on how 'successful' the Feds are in harassing such people.
               Jim Bell