james donalds 'political philosophy'

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Oct 24 23:25:51 PDT 2020

On 2020-10-23 10:37, Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> 	Sorry I don't care about your racist nonsense. The concept of 'race' is based on some irrelevant traits like skin color and details about shape, and it's useless for any serious discussion about politics. Except of course for KKK members like donald and friends.

Race is based on ancestry - different groups have different evolutionary
histories, resulting in important inward differences.

Some of the descendants of the common ancestor of chimp and man remained
in an environment very similar to that of chimps, and were in
consequence subject to less evolutionary pressure to make them into a
creature very different from a chimp.

Some of the descendants of the common ancestor of chimp and man headed
north, a long way north, and eventually inland, and adapted to extremely
cold winters and large changes in seasonal availability of food, not by
changing physically, but by changing mentally - making much higher use
stored food, shelter, clothing, and tools.

This required higher levels of forethought and more extended cooperation
than was required in Africa.

The important difference is not the skin, it is what is inside.