Part 2: Cryptography vs. Big Brother: How Math Became a Weapon Against Tyranny - YouTube

Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Thu Oct 15 18:51:50 PDT 2020

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:14:38 +1100
Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:

> Cypherpunks are supposed to hold the -intention- to benefit the lower downs/ the people/ human rights, rather than govcorp.
>
> Juan's (largely correct) point is that the pudding has proved something close to the opposite of that intention - total take surveillance, zero privacy, owelling fascism racing down the pipeline to keep us all in line

	yep the proof is in the eating and this crypto pudding turned out to be quite toxic.

	And so, people who seem to ignore how bad the situation is, and keep telling us that 'more cryto' is going to 'end tyranny' are 'in my opinion' mentally challenged, or shills.

	And no, I don't think that's a false dichotomy. People can make honest mistakes only to some degree. If somebody keeps making the same mistake over and over again he's either stupid, or is doing it on purpose.