[MINISTRY] stop being racist - The Bee: Non-racist terminology replacements

Zig the N.g ziggerjoe at yandex.com
Wed Mar 11 16:50:06 PDT 2020

The Bee provides a helpful list of non-racist terminologies to replace racist terms that unthoughtful (at least nominally racist) racist people keep using.

Please stop.

  PSA: Stop Using Racist Terminology
  https://babylonbee.com/news/psa-stop-using-racist-terminology

    With the rise of the novel coronavirus, there has been an uptick in people saying racist things like suggesting the virus came from the region it did in fact come from. So we're encouraging our readers to avoid problematic terms like "Wuhan virus," "Chinese coronavirus," "Kung Flu," "Black Pepper Death," "Chopsick," "Srirachoo," "Terracougha Army," or the "Great Whoop of China." Definitely don't use any of those. And certainly never name a disease, product, or cultural trend after the area it's from.

    Instead, use our handy guide to avoid problematic, racist language:

     Instead of             Say:
     Wuhan virus            Lung pao sicken
     Black death            Death of colour
     Indian giver           Elizabeth Warren
     Canadian bacon         Geopolitically irrelevant, inferior bacon
     Mexican jumping beans  Latinx acrobatic moth larvae
     Chinese dictator       Austere totalitarian scholar
     Japanese cartoons      It's called Anime and it's totally normal for adults to watch, mum!