salty tears for U.Cali -- Re: [MINISTRY] stop being racist - The Bee: Non-racist terminology replacements

Zig the N.g ziggerjoe at yandex.com
Tue Mar 31 15:45:46 PDT 2020

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 10:50:06AM +1100, Zig the N.g wrote:
> The Bee provides a helpful list of non-racist terminologies to replace racist terms that unthoughtful (at least nominally racist) racist people keep using.
>
> Please stop.
>
>   PSA: Stop Using Racist Terminology
>   https://babylonbee.com/news/psa-stop-using-racist-terminology
>
>     With the rise of the novel coronavirus, there has been an uptick in people saying racist things like suggesting the virus came from the region it did in fact come from. So we're encouraging our readers to avoid problematic terms like "Wuhan virus," "Chinese coronavirus," "Kung Flu," "Black Pepper Death," "Chopsick," "Srirachoo," "Terracougha Army," or the "Great Whoop of China." Definitely don't use any of those. And certainly never name a disease, product, or cultural trend after the area it's from.
>
>     Instead, use our handy guide to avoid problematic, racist language:
>
>      Instead of             Say:
>      ---------------------  --------------------------------------
>      Wuhan virus            Lung pao sicken
>      Black death            Death of colour
>      Indian giver           Elizabeth Warren
>      Canadian bacon         Geopolitically irrelevant, inferior bacon
>      Mexican jumping beans  Latinx acrobatic moth larvae
>      Chinese dictator       Austere totalitarian scholar
>      Japanese cartoons      It's called Anime and it's totally normal for adults to watch, mum!

  UC Tells Students "Do Not" Say "Chinese Virus" (And "Do Not Allow" Others To Say It Either)
  https://www.zerohedge.com/political/uc-tells-students-do-not-say-chinese-virus-and-do-not-allow-others-say-it-either
  https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=14615

    .. The list begins by telling students to “reject racism, sexism, xenophobia and all hateful or intolerant speech, both in person and online,” and to “Be an ‘up-stander,’ and discourage others from engaging in such behavior.”

    ..

The Z.g officially disavows UC for promotion of crime think.

On basic principles of opposing The Ministry, it is in fact our sacred duty to poke fun at the empire and feeble snowey flakey lefties, by using politically incorrect terminology.

Let's reclaim our own damn thoughts already!

  Read my lips: it's Chi-na-vi-rus, muffaluckers!

May the University of California drown in buckets of salty liberal Cali tears!