Any Cypherpunk there ?

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Fri Jun 26 20:19:53 PDT 2020

On 06/26/2020 04:54 PM, таракан wrote:

<snip>

> My understanding of Cypherpunks is - as per their Manifesto - that they are trying to build privacy in a world where privacy is becoming a crime.
>
> I thought recently that the biggest 'weapon' against a fascism regime would be to create the inability for that fascist regime to track, locate, monitor and spy someone.

That's pretty much what I'm still up to.

Regarding all the crap, cypherpunks lists had just as much back in the
90s. And crap -- however that shows up for you -- is pretty much
unavoidable, for any list, site or system that doesn't censor. Consider
Freenet, for example. Or Tor onion sites.

The point is that you can filter the list however you like. Or subscribe
to a version of the list that's been filtered for you. Back in the 90s,
I subscribed to fcpunx back then, to avoid the worst of it. Someone
could do something similar now, but the volume is so low that it'd
hardly be worth it. Just filter in your mail client.

<snip>