Cryptocurrencies: alpha-11 US-Public System released

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Feb 1 02:27:27 PST 2020

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 06:44:27PM -0300, Punk-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 13:24:02 +0000
> "other.arkitech" <other.arkitech at protonmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Software updates are pulled like your OS pulls updates from repositories.
> > You can find a number of devices at your home fitting this model: Router, TV, Windows.
>
> 	people tolerate that 'model' because they are idiots. Especially idiots who buy a retard-TV and run windows. But the 'model' is also pushed on them, so they are not completely to blame. Conclusion : the two reasons the 'model' is used are stupidity and criminal intent.

Ok.

> 	Also, notice how piece of shit 'developers' can't write decent code so they keep updating their garbage to fix the endless stream of bugs they create. Useless assholes. And in the process, they end up having complete control over, and owning hardware that other idiots, known as 'users', paid for.

Developing bug free software, is not so easy (and this is of course
no reason to push proprietary software or advocate for broken update
models).

Analogy:

  Privacy is a sort of solved problem - PGP, TLS, SSL, NACL/ crypto
  box.

  Anonymity of any sort on the other hand, is so far from solved it's
  not funny, and the current $$$ regime is demanding greater and
  greater submission to giving up of private data makes the target
  look "sustainable manned base on Mars" levels of difficult.

This reminds me of some years back, a vehement "defender of
developers" who literarily bashed "those useless furkin USERS!" to an
extreme - until someone gently asked which $EDITOR he used, and did
he not consider himself a -user- of that editor?

So, bug free software?

Have at it bro!  And you will be showered with accolades in the order
of "shirt, if DJB ain't some kind o' genius, we'll just forgive his
social acerbic-ness and let him code and create in his ivory tower!"

Of course, when looked at objectively, most of us are indeed idiots.

Except of course "I, In My Extremely High Opinion".

   If you ain't got bug free software to push,
   your "developers are useless bug creating arseholes" cry won't
   land all too well with many folks.

> > I do share the code with devs for specific patches under NDA.
>
> 	NDA? LMAO! Frankly, at this point I should tell you to get lost.

The proprietary software horse has left the barn - and that's a good
thing - the consequence being that any thoughtful software developer
will not put his energy into proprietary - aka "someone else's" -
enterprise/ software/ company.

FLOSS works for "lowly developers" because it is a fundamentally
fairer model than proprietary software.  "If I spend years of my life
learning to code improvements/modules to particular software
platform, it might as bloody well be something I can continue to do
if I leave my present corporation" etc.