Cryptocurrencies: alpha-11 US-Public System released

other.arkitech other.arkitech at protonmail.com
Sat Feb 1 04:39:50 PST 2020

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Saturday, February 1, 2020 10:27 AM, Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 06:44:27PM -0300, Punk-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 13:24:02 +0000
> > "other.arkitech" other.arkitech at protonmail.com wrote:
> >
> > > Software updates are pulled like your OS pulls updates from repositories.
> > > You can find a number of devices at your home fitting this model: Router, TV, Windows.
> >
> > people tolerate that 'model' because they are idiots. Especially idiots who buy a retard-TV and run windows. But the 'model' is also pushed on them, so they are not completely to blame. Conclusion : the two reasons the 'model' is used are stupidity and criminal intent.
>
> Ok.
>
> > Also, notice how piece of shit 'developers' can't write decent code so they keep updating their garbage to fix the endless stream of bugs they create. Useless assholes. And in the process, they end up having complete control over, and owning hardware that other idiots, known as 'users', paid for.
>
> Developing bug free software, is not so easy (and this is of course
> no reason to push proprietary software or advocate for broken update
> models).
>
> Analogy:
>
> Privacy is a sort of solved problem - PGP, TLS, SSL, NACL/ crypto
> box.
>
> Anonymity of any sort on the other hand, is so far from solved it's
> not funny, and the current $$$ regime is demanding greater and
> greater submission to giving up of private data makes the target
> look "sustainable manned base on Mars" levels of difficult.
>
> This reminds me of some years back, a vehement "defender of
> developers" who literarily bashed "those useless furkin USERS!" to an
> extreme - until someone gently asked which $EDITOR he used, and did
> he not consider himself a -user- of that editor?
>
> So, bug free software?
>
> Have at it bro! And you will be showered with accolades in the order
> of "shirt, if DJB ain't some kind o' genius, we'll just forgive his
> social acerbic-ness and let him code and create in his ivory tower!"
>
> Of course, when looked at objectively, most of us are indeed idiots.
>
> Except of course "I, In My Extremely High Opinion".
>
> If you ain't got bug free software to push,
> your "developers are useless bug creating arseholes" cry won't
> land all too well with many folks.
>
> > > I do share the code with devs for specific patches under NDA.
> >
> > NDA? LMAO! Frankly, at this point I should tell you to get lost.
>
> The proprietary software horse has left the barn - and that's a good
> thing - the consequence being that any thoughtful software developer
> will not put his energy into proprietary - aka "someone else's" -
> enterprise/ software/ company.
>
> FLOSS works for "lowly developers" because it is a fundamentally
> fairer model than proprietary software. "If I spend years of my life
> learning to code improvements/modules to particular software
> platform, it might as bloody well be something I can continue to do
> if I leave my present corporation" etc.

I am between two lands.
On one side I joined the Free Software movement mid90's, since then, all I have done require using/producing GPL software. I Fought Micro$oft evil empire of proprietary software and all I want is this model to die.

On the other side, this particular project is a seed for something bigger that requires funding. While looking my way through investors I must not disclose the sources because having a 'secret' in my pocket sort of helps in accessing funds.

Only when I am at good financial position that allows me continue with the project I'll make 1.- User base; 2.- dev community on GPL/AGPL os any other FOSS.

You see. It is not about a war between proprietary/free sw. It is how to getting mainstream.

My strategy is:
1st stage: privative - seed the project
2nd stage: Free - grow the fish

I apologize to me and to you free software advocates all of us for using a privative model as a continuity solution for the project.

I understand your complaints.

Cheers
OA