Ukraine ecstatic about new flight capacity: purchases 12 Turkish drones -- diagnosed with Covid, leap from hospital window to death to avoid the consequences (x4)

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Dec 6 19:19:20 PST 2020

On 2020-12-07 09:44, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> For comparison, the "Bayraktar TB2 combat drone" even has a payload capacity of ... 150 kg!!  Oh Wow!  Surely Ukraine will rule the skies with these beasts <sarcasm alert/>

Nah, the intent is not to rule the skies, but to rule the ground.

Turkey has radically transformed the nature of war.

One drone can take out four tanks, or four mobile artillery, or four
small groups of soldiers.  Then fly back to a hastily improvised very
small air strip, and reload.

Its small size plus its excellent stealth makes it hard to shoot down.

It makes tanks, artillery, and large groups of soldiers obsolete,
because it can do most of the things and tank or mobile artillery can
do, plus it can blow up tanks and mobile artillery, and tanks and mobile
artillery cannot blow it up.

The peak of technology is the fighter plane.  Why do you need fighter
planes?

To blow up ground support planes like the famous A10, the warthog.

Well, the Turkish drone is a ground support plane that your fighter
cannot easily find.  Most of our military apparatus has become obsolete.

Each drone carries four end guided anti tank or anti personnel missiles
or bombs, that it can land right on a pocket handkerchief from a
considerable height and distance.

There are a bunch of drone videos on you tube seen through the eyes of
the drone, and it looks like no one targeted by the drone saw their end
coming.  One moment they were hanging around, the next moment, boom.
Unseen sudden death from above.

Tanks, our existing air force, you can forget them.