acceptable coinage/ currency/ money

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Oct 12 17:10:44 PDT 2019

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 02:17:24PM -0300, Punk wrote:

> > > 	ok - so you still are a shill for that piece of right wing shit.
> > > 	Ergo, you are the problem.
> >
> > Just because person X says something incorrect, does not mean that
> > everything person X says must therefore be incorrect.
>
> 	I didn't claim that's the case. I do claim that person X making
> 	some outrageous and blatantly false claims, and then ignoring
> 	counterarguments is proof that person X is not a legitimate
> 	intelectual actor. He is a fraud.

And all I said is "as we recently learned from X" - how is that
shilling?

> > > 	yep, you are the very source of the problem. I'm getting tired of
> > > 	your constant flip floping. Go suck peterson's cock, trump's cock
> > > 	and putin's cock.
> >
> > Hierarchies are compelling science.
>
> 	yop don't know what 'science' means.

That's one of those problematic, dichomatic absolutes - you might
have a problem with pareto distributions, but they exist; ignoring
that is not useful.

>   Your statement makes as much sense as saying "the sky is a pink cake".
>

> > Actual science. Including math.
>
> 	Yes, MATH! A = A ergo 'hierarchies'
>
> 	Dig yourself deeper? Nah, don't waste my time and yours.

Certainly. Pareto distributions.

We cannot avoid them.

Except perhaps with some fascist dictatorship which immediately
institutes the problematic hiearchy we're "trying to get rid of".

"Hierarchies in action" - we can't avoid them.

> > > 	And I already pointed out that gold coins are a lot better than
> > > 	any form of 'crypto currency'.
> >
> > Yes, gold and silver, acceptable coinage. Many would agree. I happen
> > to agree.
> >
> > And gold and silver coin are perhaps the only reasonable foundation
> > for any digital coin.
>
> 	I wouldn't put too much 'faith' in such a system. The moment you
> 	exchange actual real physical coins for some digital IOU you have
> 	a problem. Though admitedly the problem may be mitigated in a
> 	libertarian culture. You know, the exact opposite culture of what
> 	we have now.

Ack.