Re: appelbaum's CV and tor's résumé

coderman coderman at protonmail.com
Fri Nov 29 09:51:45 PST 2019

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Friday, November 29, 2019 4:10 PM, Razer <g2s at riseup.net> wrote:
> Turf war over where the funds went. torbrowser Security or 'User
> friendly GUI' and increased user base.
>
> He was on the security side. Purged by institutional slander. I doubt
> there's been one charge filed by an alleged victim.

look at the commits; ioerror had little to contribute security wise or code wise to Tor or tor. (Tor the org and tor the implementation)

however there was and is friction between what Tor users want and what Tor Project Inc. funders pay for. this is the fundamental tension!

if you look at some of the more interesting security innovations, like Tor on Qubes, Whonix, Tor-ramdisk, etc, they come outside of Tor Project because funders can't or won't cover these use cases.

it's not a turf war when the contracts state up front what work is in scope.

best regards,