Internet Utopias Survey and Manifesto

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 22:54:40 PST 2019

 In 1995 through 1996, I proposed that a new method to eliminate unwanted government be used, that would eliminate all militaries, wars and nuclear weapons, forever.  I provocatively called it "Assassination Politics".  https://cryptome.org/ap.htmOver a series of ten (10) parts, written between February 1995 and about May 1996, I proposed that a system would be set up to allow the public to donate money, anonymously, to be paid, also anonymously, to the person who correctly "predicted" the data of death of a hated politician or government figure.
In doing so, I solved David Friedman's  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_D._Friedman) "Hard Problem" that he wrote of in his 1973 book, "The Machinery of Freedom".   http://daviddfriedman.com/The_Machinery_of_Freedom_.pdf
In doing that, I made it possible for "anarchy" to actually be stable and orderly, and not chaotic.   In Friedman's analysis of the problem, a region run by libertarian or anachistic principles could be attacked by other regions running more traditional government systems, like taxes and militaries.  That region that couldn't tax its citizens would seem to be easily defeatable.   My solution not only protects that anarchic region by allowing its people to attack and defeat the leadership of those other regions, but also allows the people of those other regions to attack and defeat their own "leadership" which they don't want.
This would also destroy all militaries, including all nuclear weapons in their possession:  Anybody who possessed a nuclear weapon becomes a threat to anyone potentially in a targeting area, which means that a large percentage of the population is threatened.  The people of such areas can donate money to purchase the death of anyone possessing those weapons, unless those possessors agree to publicly dismantle and destroy all of their weapons.
As such, I assert that my Assassination Politics idea, when implemented, will permanently stabilize a virtually government-free world.
               Jim Bell