The Cypherpunk's 1995 Archive has been forged, and what are we going to do about it? (was:Re: Could someone add news of Cypherpunks Archive...

Punk-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Sun Nov 24 16:57:54 PST 2019

From: Ryan Lackey <rdl at mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 00:26:33 +0800

My hard disk now contains an archive of all the messages (I hope...there
are 90k of them) posted on cypherpunks, since the beginning.  It's
CD-ROM sized; I'm building a glimpse index of them right now and will put
them up on the web (tentatively somewhere on http://sof.mit.edu/) soon.

I'll also be happy to copy them onto particular media (tape, cd, etc.) if I
have access to the drive, for cost + a meager amount to make it worth the
effort.  I think getting list archives distributed to as many people as
possible would be a good thing -- hopefully a recursive auction market will
start and people will leave me alone after a while.

I'm doing this because there isn't a decent searchable index anywhere
that I've found, and it would be a nice thing to have, and I don't think
the time is too far off when people will try to eliminate the list.  I've
been using the archive of cpunks as my test data set in writing Eternity
DDS -- I thought it was vaguely poetic, in a way.

-----