The Cypherpunk's 1995 Archive has been forged, and what are we going to do about it? (was:Re: Could someone add news of Cypherpunks Archive...

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 22:32:45 PST 2019

 On Monday, November 25, 2019, 04:09:34 PM PST, Punk-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

Date: Wed, 23 Aug 95 01:07:38 PDT
Subject: Re: (Fwd) 1995 Nanotechnology Conference

>Tim says that quantum codebreaking and nanotech ain't gonna happen,
because of things he explained in the past on the list, now available in
the archive. I found a great Web version of the cypherpunks archive at http:
//www.hks.net/cpunks/index.html and will indeed catch up on the
quantum coherence subject."

>Also, did you see this message?

>https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/2019-November/077885.html

>I quoted there a couple of messages from lackey, dated 1997, in which he says he has a complete archive. "Complete" at that time included all of 1995. Now apparently he says he's lost part of it...
Well, I am including Ryan Lackey on this matter.
Dear Mr. Lackey,    It appears that you CAN help us.  You can enlighten us on the history around the time described in this material above.  At one point, you informed people that you were in possession of the as-yet entire archives.  Later, however, you seemed to have changed your mind:  Perhaps you had said you "lost" part of the Cypherpunks archive.  Could you explain what you meant when you said you had the complete archive?   Why did you later say something akin to having 'lost' some of it?  Was it really lost, or perhaps you merely discovered that a portion of it had been missing?My observation of those files indicate that almost every email was lost between February 14, 1995, and July 10, 1995.  And, of course, virtually every email containing:1.  "Jim bell"       OR2.   "jimbell at pacifier.com"     OR3.   " ap "               OR4.   "assassination politics"
Was lost between the dates of February 14, 1995 and December 31, 1995.     To see an alternate reality, look for the same text strings in the 1996 Cypherpunks archive.  Such strings appear very commonly.
I believe that once you confirm the essentially complete absense of those strings, you will be satisified that the 1995 Archive data was heavily tampered with, and the person or persons responsible should be identified.
                 Jim Bell