Digital Liberty by Bill Frezza, aka DigitaLiberty

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 2 12:06:35 PDT 2019

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.digitalib.org/

>Anyway, it takes a long time for things to truly disappear.

|  |
Digital Liberty by Bill Frezza, aka DigitaLiberty

Particularly, we have relatively recently learned, when they are Hitlery Clinton's "damn emails!".   (see Bernie Sanders.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOOfwN0iYxM  )
What the Democrats don't "get" was that the main reason Hitlery lost the 2016 election was precisely the revelation of the existence of her illegally-used secret, private server,story of which I seem to recall was broken in about May 2015.  And the reason that server and those emails were exposed was due to years of Congressional hearings into the Benghazi attack.   (We never heard where Obama and HItlery were, or what they were doing, in those famous "13 hours" of the Benghazi attack."
Who here would argue that without that email and server revelation, she still wouldn't have won in 2016?
Within days of the time I first heard of the Benghazi attack,  I was angry:  I did more than wonder out loud why the US Military hadn't 'parked' an AC-130 'Spectre' gunship https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG8A3FXhZ_c       over the southern Mediterranean, roughly equidistant to Benghazi and Tripoli, Libya. Maybe 25 minutes away from each target.   Because those were probably #1 and #2 of the American targets in the world likely to be attacked.  (Libya was virtually without an effective government, very unlike most countries of the world.)  Due to the pattern of Al Quada using "9/11" as a signature attack date, America had an amazing advantage:   they wouldn't have had to do it all year, maybe just a day or two each year.
The idiot Democrats (and, presumably, many knee-jerk military-supporting Republicans, too)   would have countered, "they only had x hours of warning!!!".   But actually, 'they' had YEARS of warning.  Osama Bin Laden had been killed in May 2011, so the 9/11/2011 'anniversary date'  was apparently too soon to plan and mount a major counter-attack.  But 9/11/2012 was yet another year away!   An AC-130 could have been dragged over the ground by an arthritic turtle a few hundred miles during this 1-year period.
Naturally, during the hearings, 'everybody' wanted to focus on the questions similar to:   'imagine it's the moment after the first bullets were fired.  What would you do differently?'.   Because, once those flaming incompetents had allowed 9/11/2012 to arrive without any apparent preparation, everybody could plead that there was nothing he could do!  It was too late!   But it WASN'T 'too late' a year earlier.   Or even a week earlier.  Or maybe even a day earlier.
I virtually laughed at my TV screen:  They should ask, 'imagine it's a year before 9/11/2012, and you strongly suspect that an attack would occur at one or more of the most likely targets on that key anniversary date, a year hence.  What should you, the entire U.S. Military,  have done to prepare for that eventuality?"
Did anybody hear any such a question asked?   I never did, and I suspect that the military worked hard behind the scenes to ensure nobody would ever ask that embarrassing question!  And naturally, the biased MSM (mainstream media) didn't challenge any of them on this key point.
So, I laugh at anybody (especially any Democrat) who claims that the Benghazi hearings were somehow 'wasted'.  Even if nothing else was accomplished, those hearings revealed her illegally-used server and its classified emails.  (violations of the Federal Records Act and Espionage Act)    Hell, those hearings were all that kept us from having at least 4 years of Hitlery as President!!!   So, how can those hearings have been a waste?!?
(No, I voted for "where's Aleppo" Gary Johnson in 2016, the Libertarian candidate..  It wouldn't have mattered anyway:  My state, Washington, went 70% for Hitlery in 2016.  Indeed, that's one of my best arguments for voting Libertarian:   Unless the outcome in your state is expected to be very close, your vote wouldn't hurt or help voting for D's or R's.  So why not 'send a message' and vote for the L's?)

>I'm sure someone out there can probably chime
in with archives of the DigitaLiberty list.

Could the 'archives' of Digitaliberty occupy any more than a fraction of a single 1.44 megabyte floppy disk?
Remember those?  I can remember when I bought my first 8-inch floppy disk in 1977, for $5, through a group-purchase at the MITERS student electronic club at MIT.     Not the drive, just a single disk!, I think it was a Maxell, with a then-incredible 240 KILOBYTES! of data storage on it!  WOW!!!   I thought, "How am I ever going to be able to fill that thing up?!?
Today, you can buy a 500-gigabye SD card, about as large as your pinky fingernail, that holds 2 MILLION times more data than that 240-kilobyte floppy, and accesses it 100 times faster, to boot.
                         Jim Bell