Digital Liberty by Bill Frezza, aka DigitaLiberty

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 2 10:52:08 PDT 2019

 On Saturday, November 2, 2019, 03:29:00 AM PDT, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

 https://smartech.gatech.edu/bitstream/handle/1853/10652/1995_Winter.pdf

                                  Digital Liberty
                                        by Bill Frezza

From: email list server
To: cpsr-announce at Sunnyside.COM
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 18:38:13 -0800
Subject: DigitaLiberty

Friends of Liberty,
[snip]
>Is DigitaLiberty a political party or a lobbying group?
>Neither.>DigitaLiberty does not seek to educate or influence politicians in the hope of obtaininglegislation favorable to our constituents. We plan to make politicians and legislatorsirrelevant to the future of network based commerce, education, leisure, and social intercourse.

Hey, my Assassination Politics essay   https://cryptome.org/ap.htm was also intended to "make politicians and legislators irrelevant to the future...".
But with a little more 'kick' than Bill Frezza apparently intended, huh?
Here, I should explain that I never resented Bill for apparently banning the AP idea off Digitaliberty just before it arrived on the Cypherpunks list..  Especially in hindsight, and considering what the Feds later did to me.  And I've since found out that he was a respectable businessman at that time (No,I don't mean to imply he's no longer a respectable businessman, BTW), and hosting AP discussions in 1995 was not especially respectable, I suppose.
                Jim Bell