CNBC: Zuckerberg backs stronger Internet privacy and election laws: 'We need a more active role for governments'

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Mar 31 22:55:27 PDT 2019

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 05:37:25PM -0400, Steve Kinney wrote:

> On 3/31/19 1:08 PM, jim bell wrote:
> > CNBC: Zuckerberg backs stronger Internet privacy and election laws: 'We need a more active role for governments'.
> > https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/30/mark-zuckerberg-calls-for-tighter-internet-regulations-we-need-a-more-active-role-for-governments.html
> >

> So the richest man in the world wants three things:
>
> Stronger internet privacy laws:  Zucking Fuckerberg does not like
> competition in the consumer surveillance market.
>
> Stronger election laws:  Less voters - through a process biased to let
> typical consumers in, screen everyone else out.
>
> A more active role for governments:  Expand NatSec/LEA surveillance
> 'partnerships' with service providers, shift the costs of censorship
> from the private to the public sector.

And shift the "liability" for "privacy" and "data protection" to the
private sector, so the government is exonerated of its duty of care
(in context of having a government), and private sector is exonerated
for all its activities with monopoly and liablity absolving
legislation in its permanent favour.