CNBC: Zuckerberg backs stronger Internet privacy and election laws: 'We need a more active role for governments'

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Sun Mar 31 14:37:25 PDT 2019

On 3/31/19 1:08 PM, jim bell wrote:
> CNBC: Zuckerberg backs stronger Internet privacy and election laws: 'We need a more active role for governments'.
> https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/30/mark-zuckerberg-calls-for-tighter-internet-regulations-we-need-a-more-active-role-for-governments.html

So the richest man in the world wants three things:

Stronger internet privacy laws:  Zucking Fuckerberg does not like
competition in the consumer surveillance market.

Stronger election laws:  Less voters - through a process biased to let
typical consumers in, screen everyone else out.

A more active role for governments:  Expand NatSec/LEA surveillance
'partnerships' with service providers, shift the costs of censorship
from the private to the public sector.