Cryptocurrency: zk-SNARK Privacy Coins, Why and How They Work

Punk punks at tfwno.gf
Thu Jun 20 13:23:37 PDT 2019

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 19:56:27 -0400
grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/19/19, Punk <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:
> >> https://z.cash/
> >
> > 	is that the thing that requires a 'trusted'(LMAO!!) 'setup'?
>
> No,

	some more FACTS on zcash

	https://www.zcashcommunity.com/2017/07/31/zcash-separating-fact-fiction/

	quote:"There is no evidence whatsoever that the first Trusted setup was compromised."

	sure sure. Absence of evidence is evidence of abscence!! Right? Right?

	quote:"at the time of writing this 23% of all network transactions are shielded. "

	in other words 77% of transactions ARE PUBLIC.

	quote:"Zcash founders decided to allocate 10% of the 21 million Zcash that will ever be issued to go to a set of addresses dubbed the “Founders Reward”"

	sp 10% of all monetary base has been TAXED.

	quote:"For an average transaction size of 2000 bytes in a Private "

	that is to say, private transactions are 10 times bigger than bitcoin transactions. So what would happen if zcash was actually USED and

	quote: "Fiction: Zcash is not widely accepted on Darknet markets and somehow that’s a bad thing

	Opinion: This last one always leaves me saying WTF? Why would you want to promote the use of your favorite crypto-currency on dark marketplaces? The only reasons I can think of are self-centeredness, greed, and short-sightedness (or a combination of all those).
	"

	oh look! the piece of shit who wrote that article is making it quite clear that he's against freedom.

	quote:"Zcash doesn’t need darknet markets to be successful and I hope that Zcash doesn’t ever get widely used on them."

	priceless

	quote:"Illegal use is often an unfortunate by-product of any advance in technology."

	so what were you saying grarpamp?