Burner phone for international call from US

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Mon Jul 22 14:29:16 PDT 2019

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 02:23:21PM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> On 7/22/19, John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:
> > The so-called "Obama phones" are indeed true pieces of shit.
>
> There are also charity type places that give away or sell
> for $10-20 old used crap as "no SIM emergency call only"
> "victim" "keep in touch with and track children" phones.
>
> And you can dig around in phone recycle bins.

Yeah, I've noticed these machines at the grocery store lately - you put
in your old cell phones, it scans them and prices them out for you right
then and there.

Anyway, the "obama phones" wouldn't be so bad, except they come
preloaded with so much shit software that you don't want and they are
too slow to run, and its not uninstallable. Maybe with a cyanogenmod
image or something they would be fine, if such a rom exists.

--
GPG fingerprint: 17FD 615A D20D AFE8 B3E4  C9D2 E324 20BE D47A 78C7