Open letter in response to Macron's letter to Yellow Vest protestors

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Jan 14 02:30:14 PST 2019

So France's Macron, after trying Mr Tough Guy, now tries some
semblance of conciliation. Perhaps a little to little and too late?

> [...]
>   https://www.bfmtv.com/politique/document-la-lettre-aux-francais-d-emmanuel-macron-1610632.html
    https://translate.google.com/
>   which seeks to turn "anger into solutions."
>
>   Macron says in the letter that he is open to ideas and suggestions
>   but was clear that his government would not reverse previous
>   reforms or key measures from his 2017 election campaign.
>
>   "No questions are banned," reads the letter. "We won’t agree on
>   everything, that’s normal, that’s democracy. But at least we’ll
>   show that we are a people who are not afraid to speak, to exchange
>   views and debate. And perhaps we’ll discover that we might even
>   agree, despite our different persuasions, more often than we
>   think."
>
>   The letter, set for publication in French newspapers on Monday, is
>   a new tactic for the Macron administration - marking the first time
>   citizens have been invited to share their views on four central
>   themes; taxation; how France is governed; ecological transition;
>   and citizenship and democracy, reports The Guardian
>
>     https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/13/macron-seeks-to-turn-anger-into-solutions-in-open-letter-to-france
>     Macron’s missive asks a number of questions, including: what
>     taxes should be reduced?; what spending cuts might be a
>     priority?; is there too much administration?; how can the
>     people be given a greater say in running the country?
>
>     Macron said the proposals collected during the debate
>     would build a new “contract for the nation”, influence
>     political policymaking and establish France’s stance on
>     national, European and international issues.
>
>     “This is how I intend, with you, to transform anger
>     into solutions,” he wrote.
>
>     Accepting that everyone wanted taxes that were
>     “fairer and more efficient”, he warned against
>     unrealistic expectations, adding there could be
>     no drop in taxation without cuts in public
>     spending. -The Guardian
>
>   The Macron administration has been under intense pressure since a
>   November backlash over a climate change-linked fuel tax morphed
>   into nine weeks of anti-government protests which have spread to
>   nearly a dozen other countries. To try and calm the Yellow Vests
>   down, Macron has dropped the fuel tax, raised minimum wage, and
>   attempted to employ other economic measures amid a "state of social
>   and economic emergency"
>   https://www.npr.org/2018/12/10/675425153/macron-promises-minimum-wage-hike-and-tax-cuts-to-end-yellow-vest-protests
>
>   Thus far, none of it has worked, as the gilets jaunes (yellow
>   vests) continue to picket across the country - calling for lower
>   taxes on food and essential goods, among other things.
>
>   In his 2,300 word letter, Macron writes that he will accept "no
>   form of violence," including "pressure and insults" against
>   "elected representatives, media journalists, state institutions or
>   public servants."
>
>   "If everyone is being aggressive to everyone else, society falls

Interdasting.

So, let's respond to a few of Macron's points (quotes taken from
Google translate):

> The need for mutual aid and solidarity stronger.

Is it the people who should be "aid"ing the government, or perhaps
you are asking the French people to aid more foreigners?

Does the French government "aid" its people by taxing fuel?

> At home, those who work pay for retirees' pensions. At home, a
> large number of citizens pay an income tax, sometimes heavy, which
> reduces inequalities. At home, education, health, security, justice
> are accessible to all regardless of the situation and wealth. The
> vagaries of life, such as unemployment, can be overcome, thanks to
> the effort shared by all.

Well this is what governments must say - are you aware of why
equality of opportunity is the holy grail for people's' Souls, and
not equality of outcome?

Are you aware that your attempt to appeal to the ambiguous, ill
defined and impossible to achieve goal of "equality" is known by many
in the West today for the Marxist propaganda that it is?
(If you are not aware of this fact, perhaps you ought have a chat
with Jordan Peterson, Andrew Anglin or David Duke.)

> It [France] is also one of the freest [countries], since everyone
> is protected in his rights and in his freedom of opinion,
> conscience, belief or philosophy.

Is theft by taxation to pay for pensions, public housing and health
benefits to returning "Syrian" (often African, Saudi, Libyan etc)
jihadis, sorry "refugees", really "protecting the rights of the
French"?

> every citizen has the right to choose those who will bear his voice
> in the conduct of the country, in the design of laws, in the major
> decisions to be taken

Why does not every citizen have the right to choose where his money
goes, have a right to have a say in EVERY law he is called upon to
obey when his money is taken from him (taxation) by force of law, the
gun and prison threats, to dispense collectively with any and every
law that does not abide his own God-given conscience?

> How not to feel the pride of being French?

Because of infinigger immigration perhaps?

Why is Soros, Junker, Brussels and private oligarchic interests for
pro immigration put above the interests of the French people against
immigration?

If there is to be a government at all, then to the extent that
government bypasses the will of the people and proclaims to itself
an unlimited and unfettered mandate over the people due to a single
checkbox marked every 4 years (in Australia also by force of law),
that government is acting in tyranny, a plain abuse of power simple
for all to see.

> The society we want is a society in which to succeed one should not
> need relationships or fortune, but effort and work.

Equality of opportunity is good. Success due to merit is the
foundation of long term tribal/group/national prosperity.

Yet are you able to see the unmeritorious laws you have presided over
already, targeting those of low income and high living expenses?

How is it that 100s of billions of dollars are paid to banks "too big
to fail" yet you increase fuel tax-theft from those who would work
for their bread?

> there is one condition: to accept no form of violence.

How can you claim that the state does not commit violence on "its"
people?

You cry pleading to the people to commit no violence, and send out
more police against the people than has been seen in the history of
France ever!

When the people are not heard, when "their" "leaders" speak
hypocrisy, lies, deceptions and pompous arrogance, backed up by force
of "law", police (with their guns), judges of impugnity and
government "officials" who feather their own nests, exactly what
options are left to the people?

> I do not accept, and do not have the right to accept pressure and
> insult

Each human who places a pressure on you and on the government, has an
absolute right to do so!

You may have "no right to accept pressure and insult", but this is a
pompous nothingness which you speak!

> In order for hopes to dominate fears, it is necessary and
> legitimate for us to rest together the great questions of our
> future.
>
> That is why I proposed and I launch today a great national debate
> that will run until March 15.

This we call in English a "rich statement" coming from a "president"
who said he will "never retreat" in his "reforms" on taxes,
immigration and the like
https://www.france24.com/en/20181130-macron-vows-no-retreat-reform
- and you expect the people you are supposed to be representing to
move with you in "resting together" in "the great questions of our
future"? How are people to believe that their collective will shall
have even one iota of any bearing upon you and "your" parliament?

This is nothing but a quintessentially French aristocratic hypocrisy
upon "your" subjects, no less!

Of course, you ought let them eat cake you insensitive sod!

Macron, your position is clear in a following sentence of yours:

> We will not agree on everything, it's normal, it's democracy.

Which of course, as we the people are well and truly accustomed to,
means that because we "live" in a "democracy" and you are the
"elected leader", you are of course free to completely ignore the
will of the people no matter what they say, and disagree on anything
you so choose, feigning to have "listened" and to "have heard" the
grievances (of the carefully curated and stacked town halls you speak
of), yet ultimately never flinching nor "retreating" from your
original "reforms" - as you have firmly, and repeatedly, promised.

In other words, you have promised nothing whatsoever except some
breathing space to yourself "if the lowly people would be so kind as
to back off for a month".

And just to absolutely ram your bible down our throats, you finish
with another clear reminder of this same:

> I have not forgotten that I was elected on a project, on major
> orientations to which I remain faithful.
>
> … climate change ... European project ... On these major
> orientations, my determination has not changed...

Yes Macron, we hear you. Your "climate change", your "European
project" your vow to your original election platform.

We hear you, loud and clear.

Will you ever hear us?