Life Extension Research

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Thu Aug 8 15:11:44 PDT 2019

On August 8, 2019 8:28:22 PM UTC, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 8/8/19, John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:
>> sci-fi
>> sitting on ass
>
>Point is that sci-fi will always remain sci-fi
>unless people put down the sci-fi book and
>start getting up off their ass to make it happen,
>or at least contribute directly to what they read.

This is a different phrasing, actually a different
point, than I originally replied to.

My point, and my only point, is that this shit makes
for good sci-fi whether I sit on my ass or not, and
whether any of it ever happens or not.  Maybe you
didn't mean it that way, but the way you qualified my
statement "it makes for good sci-fi" with  "ONLY IF
you sit on your ass doing nothing about it" is
nonsense. It makes for good sci-fi, full stop.

As to the statement about it always remaining sf
unless people act, of course if all the engineers and
coders and scientists in the world quit working en
masse then progress will stop. But I don't see that
happening. I know I need a fucking paycheck ;)
(not that I'm working on the fountain of youth or
anything)

Anyway I think we started talking past each other.

>Live long and prosper.

Catch you later, in the dark near the Tannhauser gate,
where the C-beams glitter ;)