Loki-network LLARP I2Pd Torrent Cryptocurrency

jeff jeff at i2p.rocks
Mon Apr 1 06:53:48 PDT 2019

On Mon, Apr 01, 2019 at 04:48:43PM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> [...]

This is correct.

> Appears to ignore the fundamental currently-missing feature in all
> mix-/ anon-/ dark-/ onion-/ etc- nets in existence today - i.e. chaff
> fill, which implies some sort of badwidth/ time reservation/ promise
> between nodes, which is (re)negotiated from time to time between
> nodes.
>
> This chaff fill feature is the single currently-missing feature which
> is required to begin to handle the problem of global (in a network
> sense) passive adversaries, aka GPAs - i.e. the NSA, the CIA, the
> FSB, etc, i.e. those well-funded entities paid for and run by
> nation-state actors who generally oppress the fundamental rights of
> the rest of us, such as the rights to live, trade, and move about
> within our communities.

I am personally convinced that a flat traffic shape will only dare
attackers to cut links between parts of the network, effectively
making an even larger traffic shape to corrilate with.
I am not convinced low latency systems can be immune to traffic shape
corrilation and hence that being said, I think state actors are out
of scope of the current threat model of llarp.
This may or may not change.