Reality Winner: Still Jailed in Fubar System Podcast

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 12:02:01 PDT 2018

On Sat, Jun 9, 2018 at 11:00 AM, Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:
> That sounds like a whitewash to me.  The Intercept published a scanned
> document from Reality Winner on their website, with an easily recovered
> watermark identifying the printer used by serial number, along with the
> date and time the document was printed.  I recovered the watermark from
> that image myself using the GIMP, just to verify it was there.
>
> See:  http://pilobilus.net/Intercept_Burns_Source.png

Fucking shortlinkers all of you, stop it, they're laced with datamining
and captchas feeding straight to the surveillance spy machine.

https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_Winner
https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/top-secret-nsa-report-details-russian-hacking-effort-days-before-2016-election/
https://blog.erratasec.com/2017/06/how-intercept-outed-reality-winner.html
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3848398-Reality-Winner-Affidavit-for-Application-of.html
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/federal-government-contractor-georgia-charged-removing-and-mailing-classified-materials-news
https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/971331/download
https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/971336/download
https://standwithreality.org/

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/06/statement-on-justice-department-allegations/

> The word "watermark" does not appear in any of the three Intercept
> articles about Reality Winner from The Intercept, linked above.

News Media rarely directly admit their fuckups outside of tiny errata
side columns, because as with all fuckups, doing so does not earn
news ratings (even though it might earn some other feels points),
so as with all, they weasel around it.
In this case, you have to search the word "fund" defense instead.

Lisa Ling (whistleblower):
"I will say this about The Intercept and First Look Media: While I
think they did make mistakes when it came to security when publishing
this document, they have stepped up and funded Reality Winner’s legal
defense, which is not cheap and something that I don’t know if any
other news organization has done in the past. But I think it is a
legitimately good precedent for First Look Media to set to say that
they’re actually going to stand behind this person"

The Intercept (and see above statement):
"Our parent company, First Look, is helping to finance Reality Winner’s defense"
"First Look Media is funding her defense"
"To support Reality Winner’s legal defense fund, click here...
http://theintercept.com/supportreality
"

Which lands you on a generic donation page for
"First Look Media Works" that says nothing about
Reality Winner, legal defense, or any other earmark.

> Had she sent the dox to Wikileaks or Cryptome, Reality Winner would
> probably be free today.

And if she had stayed in Belize with a support network...

Anyway...

Cryptome is retiring.

Wikileaks is under indefinite detention, now cutoff, perhaps operationally
inhibited, with future journo plans unknown, and insurance if any not
yet tripped.

There needs to arise a new generation of independent journalists
and info operators, opsec and crypto enabled, aligned with each
other before old world media, honoring their sources above all else.

And networks of safehouses, social, language, asylum, citizenship,
employment, etc established in all combinations of diplomatically
immune foreign lands.

Because the biggest leaks and revelations of all are still out there,
so many of them, waiting till they can safely drop.

Enable them.