Google prepares publishers for the release of Chrome ad-blocking

Joseph Frazier j0zffrazier at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:40:40 PDT 2018

> > Personally, I
> > consider ad-blocking a form of theft,
>
>         priceless. You might have not noticed but people are supposed
>         to own their computers. So the actual theft is done by the ad
>         publishers who are criminally accessing hardware they do not
>         own. That's especially blatant in the case of the tons of
>         javashit tracking malware they run on the computers of their
>         victims.

Sure, it's their computer, but they chose to visit a site which is not
theirs, One that was created and maintained by somebody else. It costs to
create and host sites, if there is no means for monetization then the
likely macro repercussion is less sites or more pay-sites. Perhaps someday
on some sites you may choose:  1. micro-crypto payments. 2. give me ads. 3.
allow my browser to mini-mine crypto for the site owner. 4. by donation ie
wikipedia.... There is no free lunch, the attitude that people should get
something for nothing in my opinion is a cancer to society.