RFD: Harrison and Appelbaum - Whistleblowers and Wikileaks

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 21:15:02 PDT 2017

https://roomfordiscussion.com/interview/sarah-harrison-jacob-appelbaum-wikileaks/

Whistleblowers & Wikileaks

“Days later, Harrison said goodbye to Snowden and flew to Berlin. She
had been with him in Moscow for four months. On what was said to be
legal advice, she declined to return to the UK. The German capital and
East Berlin in particular was now a hub for a growing number of
Snowden exiles: Poitras, journalist Jacob Appelbaum and Harrison. For
anyone with a sense of history this was ironic. Stasiland had become
and island of media freedom” (The Snowden Files, L. Harding, p.333).

This was 4 years ago, but how is the situation today for the people
who helped Edward Snowden? How has WikiLeaks changed since then? Is
Edward Snowden still in a critical situation? What about Chelsea
Manning and all the other whistleblowers? Where do we draw the line
between truth telling and treason?

This and much more will be discussed on the 12th of October at Room
for Discussion with two of the main figures that were in the eye of
the cyclone during the Snowden case in 2013!

We will have the honour to interview Sarah Harrison (one of the
closest advisers of Julian Assange) and Jacob Appelbaum (former
‘evangelist’ of the Tor Project and hacktivist) on the current state
of whistleblowers and of Wikileaks. We hope to see you there!

Practical Information

Guests: Sarah Harrison & Jacob Appelbaum
Interviewers: Paolo Destilo & Valentina Gianera
Time: 13:00 – 14:00
Date: 12th of October