A raging public debate - or not - Part 4 - was [zen at freedbms.net: Re: Trial by Jury]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon May 1 20:21:23 PDT 2017

It gets better :)
Zenaan

----- Forwarded message from Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> -----

From: Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net>
To: Charles Mollison <cobbscrossing at bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 13:19:19 +1000
Subject: Re: Trial by Jury

On Tue, May 02, 2017 at 01:04:09PM +1000, Charles Mollison wrote:
> Dear Doug
>
> Trial by jury is terrific and is the only way to go.
>
> However, jury trials for every court case is simply impractical.
> DO THE SUMS!

Dear Charles,

With your second sentence above ("However ... DO THE SUMS!") you have
utterly detracted from your first sentence ("Trial by jury is
terrific and is the only way to go.")

So, evidently by your second sentence, although trial by jury may be
terrific, according to YOU it is "NOT the only way to go".

> Trial by jury in every case would mean each one of us would spend
> half our life in court.

Because if we DID have trial by jury, the police and the government
would NOT be able to keep charging us for TRIVIAL SHIT.

And so, Charles, when you imply otherwise, you are telling us with
your grande authority that "we cannot have trial by jury" because
otherwise the police and the courts could not enforce all their
trivial and superficial fines.

  Astounding logic Charles, astounding logic!

Just as well you're not promoting replacing our Australian federal
constitution and its awesome Preamble and other foundations, or you
might stuff Australia up "royally".

Just as well mate, just as well...

Zenaan

----- End forwarded message -----