A raging public debate - or not - Part 3 - was [zen at freedbms.net: Re: Australian Republican Movement]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon May 1 20:12:14 PDT 2017

----- Forwarded message from Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> -----

From: Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net>
To: Charles Mollison <cobbscrossing at bigpond.com>
Cc: 'Doug Harrison' <dougharrison1950 at gmail.com>, 'RAY PLATT' <rayplatt at iinet.net.au>, 'Rena Iliades' <facrena at gmail.com>, 'Bev' <lbpattenden at bordernet.com.au>, 'Mark B'
	<underthewire4me at gmail.com>, cppeele at mindspring.com, debitax at yahoo.com.au, darryl.o at hotmail.com, davedale at iprimus.com.au, dpringle at alphalink.com.au, 'Peter Lindsay'
	<ewenme.lindsay at gmail.com>, 'Mark Filby' <markfilby at hotmail.com>, flora at reachnet.com.au, 'Gerrit Schorel-Hlavka' <inspector_rikati at yahoo.com.au>, grandduchy at hotmail.com,
	gregcadwallader at hotmail.com, 'George Gault' <georgegault4 at gmail.com>, 'Jim' <jim.sovereign at optusnet.com.au>, johng444 at bigpond.com, 'Jim MacLeod' <jim.macleod at nor.com.au>, 'JohnV'
	<jvella at dodo.com.au>, knowyourrights at ratfm.com, lyn at aldoda.com, marsiergn2000 at yahoo.com.au, nmaine at bigpond.net.au, ozliberatas at skymesh.com.au, andrew at colonialleather.com.au,
	jillb483 at gmail.com, gilmay97 at gmail.com, fenja_schulze at yahoo.com, beatonmydrum1 at aol.com, timbodedidlio at gmail.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 12:56:21 +1000
Subject: Re: Australian Republican Movement

On Tue, May 02, 2017 at 11:36:36AM +1000, Charles Mollison wrote:
> Just to illustrate that the ARM is motivated, financed and active!
>
> Unless we get united and work together, the ARM will succeed in
> scrapping the Monarchy and having an Australian Head of State but
> we will left with all the other problems in our society and system
> of government that John has touched on.

Just to illustrate the nature of this 1-2 pronged attack which
Charles Mollison is either wittingly or unwittingly engaged in with
ARM:

 - ARM proposes to scrap the monarchy, fundamentally destroying the
   superb foundation in the Preamble to our Australia federal
   constitution, thus creating

   A) the problem

 - "oh no" say the people "they're creating a problem", thus
   demonstrating:

   B) the reaction

and finally:
 - Charles Mollison walzes along and proposes:

   C) the solution

yet fundamentally, Charles Mollison's solution is ALSO fatally
flawed, thus exposing what is know as (check it out on the internet/
wikipedia etc)

   The false dichotomy.

The false dichotomy presents two evils or two problems, and says (or
better yet, implies) that we must choose between the two of them.

But both are evil, problematic, fundamentally and fatally flawed, and
are actually designed by those who want something, against the
interests of those who they are targetting (we the Australian
people).

It is a false dichotomy because it says there are only two options,
in this case:

 A) change our Australian constitution in a bad way

 B) change our Australian constitution in a really bad way

But of course, not only is there the option to change our
constitution (which as almost always proposed by government power
brokers and their witting and unwitting cohorts), but there is a
THIRD option, to NOT change our constitution, giving us:

 A) change our Australian constitution in a bad way

 B) change our Australian constitution in a really bad way

 C) do NOT change our Australian constitution

Those want either A) or B) (they don't care which of A or B they get,
as long as they get either of them), DESPERATELY want us to ignore
option C), and try to create a public dialogue that

  Pre-supposes that option C does not even exist.

Stay alert fellow people, stay alert!

Eternal vigilance!

Regards to all those who uphold our good and wholesome foundations in
Australia,
Zenaan Harkness

----- End forwarded message -----